My husband recently fell in love with the S’mores dessert pizza from Papa Murphy’s Take n Bake. All of sudden, he’s wanting to order pizza in the middle of the week. I thought it was strange at first until I noticed he kept coming home with a S’mores pizza as well. Aha! Trickery! What he really wanted was some of their awesome S’mores dessert pizza!
I have to admit, it’s quite good. But, when I looked at the ingredient list, I was a little disappointed with all the processed items included in the list. So, I whipped up my very own copy cat recipe and I have to say *ahem* that it is very tasty. I won’t pretend that it’s healthy. So, if you see me running laps around the block…now you know why…I’m working off dessert.
Copy Cat Recipe for:
Papa Murphy’s S’mores Pizza
- Your Favorite Pizza crust (you can buy store made or I like this recipe because it’s simple, quick, and quite good)
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 2 tablespoons Softened Butter
- 1/4 cup Flour
- Mini Marshmallows
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Prepare crust as you normally would.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, and butter with a fork until you have corn meal consistency. Mix in the rolled oats.
- Sprinkle this mixture across your pizza crust
- Liberally sprinkle marshmallows and chocolate chips onto crust
- Bake pizza crust as directed. *Note, if you’re crust cooking time is longer than 10 minutes, you’ll want to wait and add the marshmallows when there is just about 10 minutes left for the pizza to cook. That prevents them from getting to toasty*