For Valentine’s Day, I made these yummy heart-shaped cookies. I have to say, the quality of the jam really makes a difference. If you must use store bought, be sure to buy preserves rather than jelly or jam. Flavor is exceptional.
White Chocolate Strawberry Jam Cookies
adapted from hot polka dot
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or preheat baking stone (my preferred method)
- Cream the butter and sugars together, then add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in separate bowl.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture soft dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon into heart shaped pan. Flatten top slightly with spoon or glass.
- Spread generous amount of jam onto each cookie so it covers most of the top of cookie.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.